New Kvaser white paper discusses ways to maximise CAN’s efficiency in next generation vehiclesâ€¨
By using a Virtual CAN Bus, we separate the control task from other tasks. The distributed embedded control system can be developed using standard CAN Controllers and transceivers in a traditional way with well proven tools.
Other tasks such as encryption, transmitter authentication, re-flashing, etc. can be developed by experts in these fields and carried out by using other protocols. With modern technology, the different tasks can run in parallel and simultaneously communicate on the same physical layer.
It is a great advantage to separate the control problems from other problems. The control problem can be solved once and for all by the control experts and other problems by experts in their respective technology fields.
The USBcan Pro 2xHS v2 is a USB to dual channel CAN or CAN FD interface with scripting capability. With a standard USB connector and two high-speed CAN channels with ISO 11898-2 compliant CAN transceivers in two separate 9-pin D-SUB CAN connectors, it is high-performance, yet compact, and can be used as a simple dual-channel interface to connect two high speed CAN buses to a PC or mobile computer, or can be programmed to do more. The Pro version is shipped with Kvaser TRX, a lightweight development environment that lowers the bar when starting out programming the device.
• Supports CAN FD.
• Quick and easy plug-and-play installation.
• Supports both 11-bit (CAN 2.0A) and 29-bit (CAN 2.0B active) identifiers.
• Power is taken from the USB bus.
• Galvanic isolation.
• High-speed CAN connection (compliant with ISO 11898-2), up to 1 Mbit/s.
• Fully compatible with J1939, CANopen, NMEA 2000 and DeviceNet.
• Kvaser MagiSync provides automatic time synchronization between several PC-to-bus interfaces connected to the same PC.
• Programming functionality to support interface mode e.g. Optimize protocol handling, pre-filter CAN messages directly on the interface, or simulate missing hardware.
• Simultaneous operation of multiple devices.
-40 - 85 °C
MESSAGES PER SECOND RECEIVE
CAN, Interfaces, PC Interfaces
Win Vista, Win 8, Win 7, Win XP
ERROR FRAME GENERATION
ERROR COUNTERS READING
Kvaser DIADEM driver
This free driver for National Instrument's DIAdem supports all CAN hardware from Kvaser.
Software development kit - everything you need to develop software for the Kvaser CAN and LIN interfaces. Link libraries, header files, sample programs, Microsoft Visual Basic and Borland Delphi components, documentation, and more. Note: you need to download and install the appropriate device drivers separately.