- Rugged, industrialized, four-port USB hub
- High-speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.0 and 1.1 compatible
- Extended temperature (-40°C to 85°C) for industrial grade applications
- Data transfer rates up to 480 Mbps
- Supports bus powered and self powered modes
- Three power input connectors (power jack, screw terminals, or 3.5” drive Berg power connector)
- LED status indicators for power and overcurrent fault conditions for each downstream port
- USB/104 form-factor for OEM embedded applications
- OEM version (board only) features PC/104 module size and mounting compatibility
- Includes micro-fit embedded USB header connectors in parallel with all standard USB connectors
- USB connectors feature industrial strength and high-retention design
- Small (4" x 4" x 1"), low profile, steel enclosure
- OEM (board only) version with PC/104 mounting holes and PCB footprint for added flexibility in embedded applications
- Header connectors with jumper posts for panel mounted user status LED connection
- 3.5” front panel drive bay mounting provision
- Wide Input power from 7VDC to 35VDC at the DC power jack or screw terminals
- RoHS Available. Please contact us for ordering information
The USB-104-HUB is a high performance, industrial grade, mountable solution for USB expansion. It is a high-speed USB 2.0 device, USB 3.0 and 1.1 compatible. Each of the four downstream ports are capable of high speed (480Mbps), full-speed (12Mbps), and low-speed (1.5Mbps) data transfers.
This product utilizes a high-performance, low-power USB 2.0 hub controller. It is USB-IF certified, Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) compliant, and its extended operating temperature is rated for industrial and military grade applications. The USB-104-HUB was designed to withstand a variety of environmental conditions such as shock, vibration, and temperature. The small, low profile, steel enclosure allows the device to be installed in numerous locations where multiple USB devices must share a single USB port.
Each card has light emitting diodes (LEDs) for status indications. A green LED near the upstream USB type B connector indicates power to the board. Each downstream port has two respective surface mount LEDs that provides status information. Its green LED near the downstream port's Type A receptacle indicates that the port is enabled whereas the red LED indicates an overcurrent fault condition. The customer also has the option to use jumper posts to connect their own LEDs instead of the on-board surface mount indicators if desired.
The USB-104-HUB is fully protected from faulty peripherals connected to its downstream ports. Each port utilizes its own power distribution switch that provides overcurrent and short-circuit protection. If a fault occurs, the power distribution switch will disengage the respective port and turn on its fault LED. A fault occurring on one downstream port will not affect other devices attached to the USB-104-HUB’s other downstream ports.
The USB-104-HUB supports bus powered and self-powered applications. In general, the upstream USB port typically provides 500 mA of current (5-unit load). In bus-powered mode, this is the limiting factor as the downstream ports take power from the upstream port's remaining available power. If the user's application requires more current for downstream peripherals, the USB-104-HUB can be configured in self-powered mode. External 5V can be supplied to the card through three different methods. It can be accessed through a DC power input jack, or for OEM applications, via 2-position screw terminals or a traditional 4-pin berg connector receptacle.
The USB-104-HUB is designed to be used in rugged industrial environments but is small enough to fit nicely onto any desk or testing station. The board itself is PC/104 sized (3.550 x 3.775 inches, 90mm x 96mm) and ships inside a steel powder-coated enclosure with an anti-skid bottom. Mounting provisions available include DIN rail and standard PC 3.5” front panel drive bay mounting.
OEM USB/104 FORM FACTOR
The OEM (board only) version is perfect for a variety of embedded applications. What makes the OEM option unique is that the PCB size and pre-drilled mounting holes match the PC/104 form factor (without the bus connections). This ensures easy installation using standard standoffs inside most enclosures or systems. The board can be added to any PC/104-based stack by connecting it to a USB port usually included on-board with embedded CPU form factors such as EBX, EPIC, and PC/104. This is especially important since many newer CPU chipsets do not support ISA and have plenty of USB ports. The USB-104-HUB OEM board can also be installed using standoffs inside other enclosures or systems. For embedded OEM type applications, an additional micro-fit USB input header is provided in parallel with the type B connector.
3.5" Drive Bay Version
High Retention USB Connectors
The ever-growing presence of USB in the industrial/military marketplace has driven the need for USB connections to be reliable, dependable, and unfailing. Gone are the days of loose USB connections. All type A and type B USB connectors used on all ACCES USB/104 products feature a high retention design that complies with the class 1, Div II minimum withdrawal requirement of over 3 pounds of force (15 Newtons). These connectors have an orange color-coded insulator to quickly differentiate it from standard USB connectors. Using these USB connectors increases reliability in your system and ensures a tight connection. For embedded OEM type applications, an additional miniature USB input header is provided in parallel with the type A and B connectors.
- Industrial Automation
- Embedded OEM
Available accessories include a wide variety of standard USB cables and mounting provisions for quick and easy-to-use, out of the box, connectivity. Mounting provisions include DIN rail, 3.5” front panel drive bay mounting, and various panel mounting plates. To make use of the miniature embedded USB header connectors, we offer a variety of embedded micro-fit USB input header cables.
No driver installation is required for the USB-104-HUB product. Any USB compliant operating system will automatically intall it. It will enumerate as a Generic Hub which uses the USB Hub Class Driver that is built into USB compliant operating systems such as Linux (including Mac OS X) and Windows.
- USB 2.0 High-speed
- USB 3.0 Compatible
- USB 1.1 Full-speed compatible
- Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -40°C to 85°C
- Humidity: 5% - 95%, non-condensing
- Board Dimension: 3.550 x 3.775 inches
- Box Dimension: 4.00 x 4.00 x 1 inches
- 5VDC @ ~ 120mA typical, high speed host, no active ports (does not include downstream ports USB device requirements
- Bus-powered @ ~ 100mA available for each downstream port (~400mA cumulative)
- Self-powered @ ~ 500mA available for each downstream port
- -WI oprion: Wide Input Power from 7VDC to 35VDC at the DC Power jack or screw terminals.
The USB bus is specified to provide 500mA through the USB cable to most desktop environments. This gives you 380mA available on 5VDC (500mA - 120mA = 380mA) for any particular application. If using more than a total of 500mA, or your USB port has less than the 500mA normally provided, remove VUSB jumper and place jumper on VEXT. You may use three power input options (power jack, screw terminals, or 3.5” drive power connector (Berg). See manual for details.
- This product is designed to be in full compliance with CE requirements.
Available Reference Manuals
Further information about available ACCES Software:
- Drivers And Operating Systems
- What drivers and other support we provide for various operating systems.
Setup Programs, Samples, And Utility Software
- A description of the software package that comes with each ACCES card.
Redistributing Windows Drivers
- A list of ACCES drivers and the files that compose them under different versions of Windows, so you can easily redistribute ACCES cards and drivers.
Custom Software Services
- A description of some of our custom software offerings. Did you know we offer free programming services to qualifying customers?