Each I/O line of this card is buffered and capable of sourcing 32mA, or sinking 64mA. The board simulates Programmable Peripheral Interface chips (PPI) to provide a computer interface to digital I/O lines. Each PPI supports two 8-bit ports (A, B) and two 4-bit ports (Chi, Clow). Each port can be configured to function as either input or output latches. The I/O line buffers (types 74ABT240 and 74ABT245) are configured automatically by hardware logic for input or output according to the PPI Control Register direction software assignment.
Outputs of the I/O buffers are pulled up through 10KO resistors to 5VDC.
I/O wiring connections are via 50-pin headers on the board. This provides compatibility with OPTO-22, Gordos, Potter & Brumfield, Western Reserve Controls, etc. module mounting racks. Every second conductor of the flat cables is grounded to minimize crosstalk between signals. If needed for external circuits, 5VDC power is available on each I/O connector at pin 49. If you use this power, we recommend that you include a 1A fast blow fuse in your circuits in order to avoid possible damage to the host computer.
The card occupies 32 addresses within the PCI I/O space. The base address is assigned by the system. Refer to the Option Selection Section of this manual for a detailed description.
Data Transfer Rate, I/O Mapped
- I/O connector to/from PCI bus: 7.37M bytes per second
Digital Inputs (TTL Compatible)
- Logic High: 2.0 to 5.0 VDC
- Logic Low: -0.5 to 0.8 VDC
- Input Load (High): 10µA
- Input Load (Low): -10µA
- Logic High: 2.5 VDC min., source 32 mA
- Logic Low: 0.5 VDC max., sink 64 mA
- Power Output: 5 VDC from computer bus (onboard resettable 0.5A fuse) on each digital group's I/O connector
- Power Required: 290 mA typical at 5V (all I/O pins disconnected, all I/O ports set as inputs)
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to 70°C
- Humidity: 0 to 90% RH, non-condensing
- Storage Temperature: -50°C to 120°C
CE testing & approval must be done at the system level, in the designed enclosure, and is not done on individual boards.